Salamander or Techflow pump?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm choosing between either a Salamander RHP75 twin or a Techflow QT80-2 pump. Both appeal to me for their reputation as being the most silent pumps on the market and both are the same price (£230-£240).

I was therefore wondering whether anybody had experience of both and had any views as to the relative quality / reliability of the brands, and/or relative quietness of the units.

Sponsored Links
I fitted a Salamander pump in my last house, and was so happy that I've fitted another two (RSP100) in my current house.
I wouldn't say that they are anything close to silent, they run with a bit of a hum / whine, but that may be more to do with what they are mounted on (carpet on timber) rather than the pump.

I had originally fitted an RSP50, but it wasn't powerful enough. Rather than risk a 75 I went straight for the 100 and have been very happy with the pressure.

I had originally fitted an RSP50, but it wasn't powerful enough. Rather than risk a 75 I went straight for the 100 and have been very happy with the pressure.

RSP50 not powerful enough!? What were you pumping? I just had one installed and the shower is great.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back