SALAMANDER PUMP RP100TU versus Stuart Turner Monsoon Pump - 46416

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a SALAMANDER PUMP RP100TU that I have had nothing but problems with. Rather than buying another one can anyone on this forum tell me if the

Stuart Turner Monsoon 3.0 Bar Twin Impeller Positive Head Shower Pump - 46416​

would be a suitable direct altenative?

Sponsored Links
Salamander not what they were
Stuart Turner great choice we fit nothing else .
Some of early ones we fitted way over 20 years ago just keep on going.

Thanks - any idea if the Stuart Turner 3.0 Bar Twin Impeller Positive Head Shower Pump 46416 is a suitable alternative for the SALAMANDER PUMP RP100TU?

Thanks - any idea if the Stuart Turner 3.0 Bar Twin Impeller Positive Head Shower Pump 46416 is a suitable alternative for the SALAMANDER PUMP RP100TU?
Nope, you have a negative head pump (universal) therefore whatever the pump is feeding must be neutral or negative head. Therefore you need a universal (negative) head pump to replace it.

You'll need a Monsoon U3.0 bar twin impeller. Can't rate ST highly enough.

Plumbing may need a bit of fettling to get it all to fit.

Sponsored Links
Do you actually need a negative head pump, are the outlets/pipework above the cwst?

I do have a brand new Stuart Turner 3 bar twin I'm looking to offload cheap..

Do you actually need a negative head pump, are the outlets/pipework above the cwst?
Well, I'm not sure....the outlets/pipework are actually below the cwst.....the showerhead by maybe no more than 30cm. I think the plumber put in the salamander RP100TU because of low flow. I would be interested in buying your ST pump but I honestly can't work out if it's what I need or not....

One of the biggest issues with pumped shower supplies all the time, is exactly that, not enough flow through the pump to activate the switches. If it was a universal that was there then I'd suggest it's there for a reason and would think twice about changing it to a positive head pump.

The positive head pump needs at least .6L/Min through the shower, I'd err on the side of caution and would be looking for at least 1L/min, anything less could cause issues with pump starts.

Nope, you have a negative head pump (universal) therefore whatever the pump is feeding must be neutral or negative head. Therefore you need a universal (negative) head pump to replace it.

You'll need a Monsoon U3.0 bar twin impeller. Can't rate ST highly enough.

Plumbing may need a bit of fettling to get it all to fit.
Thanks Madrab,

So, I think you are saying that I should get the:

Stuart Turner Monsoon 3.0 Bar Twin Impeller Universal Shower Pump - 46410​

With my limited knowledge that looks about right......but about £150 more than getting a replacement Salamander RP100TU. The problem I have is all the pipework and flexible hoses are positioned to have a Salamander RP100TU so I may just get (reluctantly) get one of those again as it will be a straightforward swap out. How much fettling do you think it would take to get the Stuart Turner to fit? Like I say you can see that the copper pipes and then the flexible metal hoses have been positioned to drop down onto the Salamander RP100TU. Could a plumber just use some longer flexible metal hoses? I thought they weren't supposed to bend more than 30 degrees so maybe it means adding some more rigid copper pipes? If I go for a replacement Salamander RP100TU how much should I be paying to have the direct swap made?

Thanks

Wazza

I do have a brand new Stuart Turner 3 bar twin I'm looking to offload cheap..
sjmac,

Is the Stuart Turner pump you have for sale a:

I think this is what I need.......

Wouldn't take much fettling for a good plumber, may just need a little extending or different flexi's connected up.

Obviously without being on site I couldn't say for sure what head of pressure and flow would be available to a pump and whether a standard pump could be used, can only go on what the previous professional installed, as far as pump types are concerned.

sjmac,

Is the Stuart Turner pump you have for sale a:

I think this is what I need.......
No it is the standard one not universal

Can anyone tell me of an alternative to the 'acoustic mat' that Stuart Turner sell to go under their shower pumps? £30 seems a lot for what looks to be nothing more than a square of packing foam......or is it actually a well designed piece of acoustic damping worth every penny of £30?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back