Salamander Shower Pump RSP75 pushfit connectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I brought the above pump about 2 years ago and have finally got round to installing it (well I'm in the process of installing it!) - I have a problem however with the pushfit connectors supplied with the pump.....I have just fitted a Warwick Flange to the top of the tank, and then run the 22m pipe down to where the pump will be...

When I connected the push fit connector (supplied with the pump) to the end of the 22m pipe run, and turned the water back on (to check for leaks), water was p*ssing out from the pushfit connector - what am I doing wrong? Pushfit connectors are pretty basic I guess....

Thanks for any help you can give!

JT

Sponsored Links
A couple of possibilities...... either the pipe hasn't been pushed home completely, easy fix, or the 'o' ring inside the flexi tail has been damaged, an easy fix if you've got an 'o' ring to hand :)

Sponsored Links
Using 22mm copper pipes.

Thanks Crockett - will try the 'o-ring' solution.....

Definitely pushed all the way in....I even swapped them over with one of the other pipes, and that didn't stop the leak, so still wonder of there is something more fundamental...?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back