Salamander whole house pump leaking hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a problem with my ESP100cpv pump in that it is leaking hot water when in use. I have been sent a seal kit by salamander. Does anyone know if it is a good move to try and open up the pump to fix?
The other option I am thinking of is to just get a small shower pump to pump just the shower and separate the supply to the rest of the house?
Last question is does anyone know an experienced person who can do this?
Thanks JAniso :?:

Sponsored Links
If the seals are leaking then thats usually caused by dirt in the water supply. There should be a filter at the inlet.

I would not normally be keen to fit a seal kit as the labour charge and cost of seals would be close to the cost of a new pump for the cheaper pumps.

Tony

Thanks Tony,
I thought it may be a bit fiddly as well. Thats why I am looking at the option of pumping only the shower and putting the rest of the house supply back to how it was a few years ago.
I went to whole house because I had the high pressure taps and shower fitted throughout the house. That was dumb I guess!
So can you recommend any plumber that knows about this? I am not too far from Bluewater in Greenhithe.
Thanks
Janiso

Sponsored Links
Very often the shaft has been damaged by dirt and so new seals dont last very long.

Many pumps are not rated for continuous operation. You need one that is!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back