Samsung Gen 6 ASHP error 101

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have an external 16kW air source heat pump (Samsung Gen 6 with Kodiak Joule cylinder). It's currently running on power supplied by a solax hybrid grid-tied inverter connected to 7 solar panels (no battery). We are struggling with winter running costs in the absence of energy storage.
I do however have an off-grid array of 10 x 400W panels with an off-grid inverter. This has mains electricity feed only on the input side. It runs numerous circuits in our house. It also has 24kWh worth of battery storage and I would love to find a way to use this to help with the ASHP energy consumption.
I can't connect the grid-tied inverter to these batteries but was wondering if I could use a downstream transfer switch to switch between the grid-tied, batteryless inverter as an input source and the off-grid, battery-connected inverter? I tried a test and all seemed to work beautifully with one exception: the Samsung controller on the indoor cylinder displays an 'E101 zone 200000' error message after a short time.
Am I naive in just switching input to the heat pump? Does the water cylinder need to be powered from the same source? Or do I just need to reset the cylinder?
I've looked everywhere for a similar thread but no luck. Any advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Terry

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back