Samsung RSH1DBRS1/XEU

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning, seeking to find a solution to icing within my American fridge model above. Last November 2022 I manually defrosted after ice build up. This year same thing has happened with ice accumulation around evaporator pipe and fan assembly. Tested defrost heater to 351 ohms (pic attached) vs advised recommended 375 ohms if that's correct? (Note it has a slight banana shape to it). Is a new defrost heater required? Given the evaporator cover seals could potentially also be damaged would this contribute to ice build up? Is it beneficial to also replacement thermal sensor?
20231122_100236.jpg
Any guidance would be much appreciated. ?Thanks

Attachments

• 20231122_101721.jpg
    20231122_101721.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 20231122_100502.jpg
    20231122_100502.jpg
    365.8 KB · Views: 32
Sponsored Links
My brother had a double door samsung american style fridge freezer. I can't remember the model number, but I remember he started having continuous issues with ice build-up.

I do vaguely remember him saying he looked into it and it turned out to be a very common fault, almost recall worthy. I seem to vaguely remember him saying that the issue was related to the thermal sensor perhaps?

Like I said, it was a long while ago now, and it could very a very different model, but it looks very similar to that model.

Sponsored Links
A quick search confirmed my memory that there is a "recall worthy" issue with a lot of these samsung american style fridge/freezers.

I found this article, which may not match your issue exactly, but is representative of the known issues with this style of Samsung appliance.

My brother eventually gave up with his and replaced it during a kitchen remodel. So it may be one of those "endless issues until you give up" type repair attempts.

Ironically I have a standard style Samsung fridge/freezer, which I got in the early 00s. It was a frost/free type and A rated at the time.
I only just replaced the circulation fan after one blade snapped, which made it sound like it was dying. That only cost me £8. But, it is still going strong after 20 years bar a bit of repair tape on some plastic shelves.
Never had any major ice issues.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back