samsung user equalizer settings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

please can anyone help me cofigure my home cinema settings

using the dolby watching tv i get great surround but voices are muffled, i end up turning the volume up and then get blasted away when any music is played on the program or adverts.

if i have in stereo all the options available are a bit basey its doing my head in,

all i want is good surround clear voices and not blasted away by music or base( my sub is right down)

my user eq settings are

250 hz
600 hz
1 khz
3khz
6 khz
10khz
15khz

i can + or - 6db

thanks

Sponsored Links
You haven't stated the Samsung model number. Also you haven't used any capital letters so I find your text more difficult to read than it ought to be.

Chances are good that your loudspeakers are emphasising the wrong frequencies and your equaliser choices are a bit coarse, making sensible adjustment impossible. As the centre speaker tends to carry more speech than others, concentrate on getting its level correct.

We don't really need the model number for this kind of general enquiry. The op also states the frequencies being adjusted. There's enough info here.

Male and female voice spans a frequency range of 80Hz to 800Hz. This is called the fundamental frequency range. But what helps us pick out the sounds against the background muddle is the harmonics. These are the overtones higher up the frequency range. Telephone systems use just the harmonics.

The key frequency range for harmonics is about 2000Hz (2kHz). You have adjustments at 1kHz and 3kHz. That's okay though. There's a slope either side of the main frequency where the adjustment has still has an effect.

First, set all the levels to 0dB. This is the neutral point. Next, come out of the equalizer and go to the system main settings. Check your manual for adjustments to bass and treble and also any settings that boost bass. Turn these settings to OFF.

Now go back to the equalizer and increase 1kHz and 3kHz by about +3dB or +4dB. If things start to sound a bit like you're listening on the phone then back off the 3kHz setting by 1dB at a time and try again. If you got it close but the bass is still a touch too much try going -1dB on the 250Hz and 600Hz settings.

6khz, 10khz, and 15khz are frequencies we would associate with high treble; that tsk-tsk-tsk sound of someone else's iPod headphones. Making changes at those frequencies will make the sound sibilant and "spitty". You should leave those alone.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back