Samsung washing machine - fault 4E - won't fill

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi there

I'm interested in buying the above which is 30 months old and being sold very cheaply - £40.

If the fault is something like a fill-valve rather than a PCB, it ought to be a bargain for what is , I believe, a reliable make (usually)

Sorry I cannot give model no, only details (from ad' photo ) is that it is a 7 kg machine with spin speeds 400-1200. Owner is travelling away this week and cannot remember model details.

Hope for the benefit of your experience re fault code and likely failed part.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
4E is a no-fill error. Most likely a faulty inlet valve, kinked fill hose, broken wire, blocked inline filter, or even just a closed tap.
In the very worst event a shorted triac on the pcb. Check the easy things first, that's usually where the problem lies.

Thanks for the reply zipper.

If it were to be your worst instance i.e. the triac, would it need the whole pcb to be replaced and what, approx, does a new one cost ?

Sponsored Links
It is unlikely the triac that fires the inlet valve is shorted (or o/c) but it can happen. The most common no-fill causes are the ones I have already mentioned. Samsung pcb's are usually encapsulated making repairs difficult...even if you can track down components & are handy at soldering. The up-side is that Samsung spares are reasonably priced compared to some other makes. Can't give you an exact price on a pcb without the model details but I would imagine around £60.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back