Sandblasting nightmare, advice needed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, please feel to move it if it is.

We live in a semi-detached Victorian farmhouse in rural East Yorkshire, and our adjoining neighbours have just started having their outside walls sandblasted. Me and OH came home from work last Friday to find the front garden covered in a thin layer of brick dust while today all the front garden, the drive AND our veggie plot look like there's been a sharp frost! Whoever is doing the work is obviously not making any attempt to stop the stuff going on our side. In fact, it looks to me as if it's being directed our way :evil:

For further information, we don't get on with the neighbours in the slightest. I personally detest the woman, she hasn't worked since we bought the place two years ago, she's an alcoholic with mental health problems and she seems to take great delight in doing everything she can to make our lives a misery. They have blazing rows and her husband who's a lorry driver regularly drives to work and sleeps in his lorry just to get away from her. You would think that with six houses in the middle of nowhere, everybody would get on but sadly it isn't so.

Is there anything we can do about all the mess that they're making? Is whoever is doing the work required to do something about it?

Thanks in advance, any advice would be gratefully received.

Martyn.

Sponsored Links
Hello all.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, please feel to move it if it is.

Peaps,,, don't "ever" be ignorant to a new poster asking for advice on this Forum. MP Ward did apologise in advance if it was in the wrong place.

this may be in the wrong place but i dont mind talking about it, why dont you pluck up the courage to say something about the mess they are causing? maybe just mentioning it will make things better?, why do you detest the woman? is it because she has problems? and why are they sand blasting?

It's a bloody nightmare, I have seen it. But it usually doesn't last long.
You have to wonder if something like a clothes line with damp dust sheets draped over it would do any good, but I doubt it.
Nightly garden-watering with a strong hosepipe perhaps? If it's only sand/ baked brick I guess it's neutral.
Could be worse on your veg - creosote isn't ideal, and paint isn't much better...

Sponsored Links
I think that the company doing the sand-blasting are under obligation to protect the public and peoples property. I would find out where you can get in touch with an Health and Safety officer.. There is a wealth of knowledge within the guys who answer your querries on this forum so dont be worried that you are in the wrong place. ;) Keep us informed....

i have neighbours like yours, i hate them too, im a 34 year old man with plenty of boxing rounds behind me, and im not bothered about arguing with anyone. I would go over to the company doing the sand blasting and say to them, can you see how much mess YOUR making on my property, see what they say.

Or is there any other properties that are getting blasted too? maybe you could all gang up on them see if that helps?, but dont be afraid to go over.

Or option 2 get some one you know to go over? id do it for you if you lived nearer....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back