MOTHER INLAW Problems

andyboyo said:
I have always liked my mother law, but latley shes getting on my nerves. Its seems to have all started since we moved into her village as we are expecting our first child and "need" to be closer to "her" family.
before we lived too far away for un-invited visits but now she just walses in as if she owns the place! The buys things that I dont like to furnish our home and looks around my home for things for me to do.
Now im on her doorstep shes always got me doing work to her house and the other family and friends houses!
In theory shes a plumber, a chipy, a lansdcape gardener and a builder, So she just needs me to do as im told!
HELP!

We had the same problem, mil used to live round the corner, always just stopping in etc etc and even borrowing the car when she wanted. Crunch came when she had booked vets appointment and told us she needed the car, same day we wanted it. Wife and her mother had a blazing row. Haven't seen mil for 10 years now. ;)

Sponsored Links
You won't be able to ride it out because it won't stop unless you say something and you will get increasingly ****ed off until you explode which will not do anyone any good

Tell your wife to sort it out for you, if she loves you she will tell her mother to back off a bit

I agree that you should sort it out, or else it will bug you forever. Next time she brings something you don't like just tell her politely that it's not to your taste and that you don't relly want it. I don't know if this would cause bad feelings but I'm sure that they wouldn't last for too long. If you are being treated unreasonably you need to sort it out.

I do not like my MIL, she is either doing nothing or she is moaning. Fortunately for me my wife agrees with me. Luckily she lives in Cornwall and we live in Derbyshire which is 300 miles away. However, she is coming to stay for a week very soon and I will probably do some extra hours at work to avoid her. My wife isn't looking forward to it, MIL can't walk very far although she's not that old and my wife likes walking everywhere. Last time she was up we took her out all over the place, bought her meals etc and she never once offered to pay for anything. I wouldn't expect her to pay for most things as she probably couldn't afford it but even offering to buy a drink or something would be a nice gesture. Sorry to go on but she really bugs me.

Sponsored Links
Back