Sandstone chimney rebuild quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Have had a quote of around £5.5k to rebuild the chimney pictured on two story house (inclusive of scaffold/materials etc). Chimneys are not used and fireplaces are blocked, but conservation area so no option to close off, will need to be rebuilt like for like. I don't think there is any doubt that it needs done as there are damp patches following the flues on the inside of the house, and I took a good few bucketfuls of sand out of one of the old fireplaces when I opened up the plasterboard to add a vent (they were all originally blocked up by a previous owner who didn't ventilate them)..

Just wondering if this seems reasonable? Used Mason before, decent guy and has done a good job in the past but just want to clarify if this seems in the ball park as my searches around the internet give vastly different amounts from around £1.5k upwards, although I presume the lower end will be for more basic, lower down jobs.

Regards,
Kenny.

2017-08-26 16.36.12.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Just thought I would repost for the above as I didn't get any responses yet. Any comments appreciated, or even thoughts on whether it would be worth patching it again or if it is beyond repair?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back