Saniflow question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,

sorry for the poor lightling but can anyone tell me what the hole on the top/left of this Sanitop unit is for? The one on the right is the out/discharge pipe, the one at the back goes to the sink (difficult to see) and the toilet pipe comes in on the left (not shown). I have looked for the manual online but could only find some cartoon pictures for installation which were not much use!

Tenant informs me that when the toilet is flushed water comes out of this hole and leaks through the ceiling. On inspection the cap for this hole is by the side of the unit but it looks like it just pushes off and would pop off easily under pressure? I have considered putting the cap back on and flushing the toilet to see if it fixes the problem but don't want to risk flooding the ceiling again. Any ideas?

thanks!

DSC_1391.JPG

Sponsored Links
Hi, known problem within the trade and one part needs replacing however this means removing the lid to access the part. Not a job for the faint hearted but you could book an engineer to do it and carry out a service at the same time. If you chose to block the hole other problems will happen.

Hi, known problem within the trade and one part needs replacing however this means removing the lid to access the part. Not a job for the faint hearted but you could book an engineer to do it and carry out a service at the same time. If you chose to block the hole other problems will happen.
thanks for your reply - can you give more detail, what is the problem and which part needs replacing?

Sponsored Links
I think on my one, a charcoal breather pad goes in that hole but as JP says, opening those buggers up is not a job for the faint hearted. :confused:

so do you think it is fixable if I can find someone prepared to service the unit or should I get it replaced, it is about 10 years old now?

Last edited:
Hmmm. Maybe at 10 years old, a new replacement may be the easier option.

Hmmm. Maybe at 10 years old, a new replacement may be the easier option.
Is it a difficult job to replace the unit? Plumber has quoted £250 plus parts does that sound reasonable, I guess it is a messy job?

so do you think it is fixable if I can find someone prepared to service the unit or should I get it replaced, it is about 10 years old now?
Difficult one to answer without being there, have some still running sweet after 18yrs and others need replacing every 7yrs.

Is it a difficult job to replace the unit? Plumber has quoted £250 plus parts does that sound reasonable, I guess it is a messy job?
Again difficult to answer from here I`m afraid, on some I have to remove wooden panels and the pan first on others I don`t. With experience I can remove and replace without leaving a mark so no it doesn`t have to be messy, the thing is a lot of plumbers really do not like going anywhere near them so quote high on the basis that if they do have do it then they will be well paid.

Again difficult to answer from here I`m afraid, on some I have to remove wooden panels and the pan first on others I don`t. With experience I can remove and replace without leaving a mark so no it doesn`t have to be messy, the thing is a lot of plumbers really do not like going anywhere near them so quote high on the basis that if they do have do it then they will be well paid.

ok that's understandable, I don't want to go near it either! ;)

or every 6 months with ladies or children in the house who put things down it that are not supposed to be put down it.
Now that is where a sani engineer will repair where as you want to rip the customer off for a new one at hundreds of pounds. :mad::mad::mad:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back