SANITY CHECK - Replacing Drayton LP522 & Honeywell BDR91 with Nest

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Hope someone can sanity check something for me quickly please?

I am in the process of replacing our existing wireless thermostat with a Nest.

As per the diagram below, can someone confirm a couple of things for me please:

1. Removing the BDR91 from the system, I just connect Yellow (Hot Water off? ((actually White, but used Yellow for visual clarity)), from the valve to the Grey (Hot Water on?), of the controller - the Yellow connection between the valve and programmer is NOT currently in place, this is what I am proposing.
2. There is no CH Off connection from the LP522, so I can just ignore taking this to the Heat Link

Since this was installed six years ago I haven't once looked at the programmer, just use the wireless thermostat for heating - no idea what timers are in place or how it is currently wired up to work.

THERMOSTAT DIAGRAM (4).png

Appreciate some feedback on if this looks OK or not, or if I have misinterpreted anything?

Thanks all!

Sponsored Links
I just connect Yellow (Hot Water off? ((actually White,
Doesnt have a HW off it is a room thermostat

You are way over thinking this, the heatlink simply replaces the LP552 and the existing room stat com and NO are linked, simple as that nothing else

Thanks ianmcd, when it was installed I let the guy set it up and I've not looked at since that day, so I had no idea what was controlling what - but yes, of course, my current thermostat is just that, a room thermostat :)

My room stat is wireless via the BDR91, so as in the picture above (I believe BDR91 A = Common and B = N/O), disconnect all and just link White (Yellow in this diagram), wire from valve to Grey wire on HeatLink.

Sponsored Links
wire colours mean absolutely didly squat on a heating system, you only need to transpose the wires from the LP552 to the heatlink and join the two switching wires in the BDR nothing else

Cheers! LP522 wires moved to HeatLink, connected lives, and connected loose valve wire to loose HeatLink wire and all has fired up!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back