Satellite Issue - Quest HD: Removed from Freeview, now lost from Freesat too!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few years ago they removed Quest HD from our Freeview transmission here in the West Midlands. So I started using a satellite system to pick up Quest HD, just to watch Aussie Gold Hunters / Outback Opal Hunters (every Monday, 9pm).

Unfortunately about a couple of months ago I could no longer pick up Quest HD on Freesat. I don't use the other channels but while trying to resolve this I noticed it's also affecting a lot of the ITV channels too.

Thinking the dish might have come out of alignment, I went up the ladder to check with a satellite signal meter - but it was still aligned spot on.

When viewing the channels that I can still get, the signal strength and quality are always shown as maximum.

These 2 photos are just seconds apart:

BBC1.jpg

QUEST-HD.jpg

I've tried checking for software updates and rescanned channels several times over the last couple of months, but nothing changes.

My system details are:

Brand: HUMAX
Model: FOXSAT-HD
Software Version: HZPTSF 1.00.28
Loader Version: U 7.22
System ID: 35F1.0000
Update Date: 08 DEC 2010

The diagnostics page shows 11426MHz (I don't know why it shows that particular frequency) but it shows it with 0% signal. I think this must be a clue to what's going wrong. If I go to the manual tune page and select 11426MHz, it finds no channels. The autotune searches all frequencies and finds everything, even Quest HD (it's just that no signal is displayed when viewing it).

Has there been a change which my satellite system isn't able to act on?

diagnostics.jpg

ManualTune.jpg

11426MHz.jpg

Sponsored Links
Suggests a LNB alignment issue to me as less likely to be a switching issue H/V hi/lo band...unless no V transponders signals are received?

Check signal level quality readings in other channels?

Quest HD is Lo band, V so 13V, no tone. WM BBC is Lo H (18V, no tone).

Auto tune Freesat probably lists all channels, whether received or not via data from the 'home transponder' which is another Lo band, Horizontal transponder 11425 MHz.
edited to add more

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back