Satin or Sandblasted glass?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Currently in liason with my joiner about the type of glass I'd like in the front door (D/G). Narrowed it down to the sandblasted/etched glass which we (me and the missus) prefer. Joiner has spoken with his glass supplier and mentioned the sandblasted is slightly more expensive and has a longer turnaround (not a problem). However, the glass supplier has Satin glass in stock now and it's a little cheaper. 'Online' they look very similar (perhaps the satin lets in a tad more light?) and obviously I'd need to a sample...but are they any technical benefits (or gremlins) of one over the other?
I've seen plenty of the sandblasted glass windows and my heart says go for these, but if Satin carrys almost the same look and is both in stock and cheaper, it might be worth taking a look at those.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
If its going in a door they will not have it stock as it will need to be toughened, so it will need to be cut first then sent for toughing unless they do it themselves. What about laminated diffusa that should be a stock item and its already safety glass

If its going in a door they will not have it stock as it will need to be toughened, so it will need to be cut first then sent for toughing unless they do it themselves. What about laminated diffusa that should be a stock item and its already safety glass

They had the satin in stock (so I presume they toughen it themselves). Was tricky to sort out time for sample viewings, so went for the sandblasted - will take a couple of weeks, but the doors haven't been ordered yet.

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back