Saw my first robot delivery vehicle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
- yesterday. I was on a bus, which was temporarily log jammed, at temporary traffic lights, at a very minor junction. The robot, was just trying to cross the minor road, at a T junction, but cars were queuing, blocking its path, so it was going absolutely nowhere. No one giving way to it (how would you give way to it?), and it made me feel slightly sympathetic to its plight. As said, it was only a small village, no large shops at all, I wonder if it was lost?

Do people ever kidnap these vehicles, and drop them off far from their destination?

Sponsored Links
I think the latest ones are armed, like terminator.

Driving though Milton Keynes and I wondered why there was a small fridge abandoned on pavement next to zebra crossing.

After ignoring it and me driving over Zebra crossing, I saw it start to move and cross over the road on its small wheels.

I am now waiting for it to report me to the relevent authorities for not properly stopping to let it cross.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
This video is an interesting watch. Jump to about 1:35 to miss the fluff at the beginning.

Without saying exactly where you saw it we can't readily answer if they're used locally.

https://www.starship.xyz/faqs/ may answer some questions about the ones used around parts of
Bedford
Cambourne
Cambridge
Leeds
Milton Keynes
Northampton
Rushden
Trafford
Wakefield
Wellingborough

They are certainly alarmed so it is unlikely one was relocated by pranksters.

It was 10/12 out of Leeds, perhaps it was having a day trip out in the countryside ;)
Robots are now delivering shopping in the Adel and West Park areas of Leeds with Co-op.
If you’re within 2 miles of the Co-op Food stores at Adel or Spen Lane, then you can now get your grocery shopping delivered by Starship.
&
we’re now offering food and grocery delivery in Wakefield! If you live within 2 miles of Co-op Food Outwood, you’ll be able to order a Starship robot to deliver your groceries!

It'll likely be near one of those three Co-Ops ?

Robots are now delivering shopping in the Adel and West Park areas of Leeds with Co-op.
If you’re within 2 miles of the Co-op Food stores at Adel or Spen Lane, then you can now get your grocery shopping delivered by Starship.
&
we’re now offering food and grocery delivery in Wakefield! If you live within 2 miles of Co-op Food Outwood, you’ll be able to order a Starship robot to deliver your groceries!

It'll likely be near one of those three Co-Ops ?

Nope, a good 12 miles away, but interesting that they are using them up here too.

Sponsored Links
Back