Scaffold boards for Window shelves and others

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I normally use scaffold boards for window shelves and kitchen shelves as they come up great after sanding and waxing to look rustic, they are 225mm wide which is great but is there other wood types that will give same look that are similar in width and thickness...38mm - 40mm.
I believe scaffold boards are European whitewood.
Thanks
i

Sponsored Links
Hello I normally use scaffold boards for window shelves and kitchen shelves as they come up great after sanding and waxing to look rustic, they are 225mm wide which is great but is there other wood types that will give same look that are similar in width and thickness...38mm - 40mm.
Thanks
i
European whitewood is used to a british standard, so ideal in that thickness for your purposes. Maybe european oak as an alternative.

Thanks
i
I use scaffold boards for lots of projects I found ordinary timber you can buy doesn’t have the rustic look that old scaffold boards produce.
Just used some on cooker hood .

Attachments

• IMG_1575.jpeg
    IMG_1575.jpeg
    241.2 KB · Views: 30
I use scaffold boards for lots of projects I found ordinary timber you can buy doesn’t have the rustic look that old scaffold boards produce.
Just used some on cooker hood .
Looks great that, think scaffold is way to go...

Sponsored Links
European whitewood is used to a british standard, so ideal in that thickness for your purposes. Maybe european oak as an alternative.
Someone mentioned Douglas Fir but I dont think it will be as rustic as the scaffolds.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back