Scantronic 9200 to Odyssey series bell box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi could someone please please help me sort out my wiring problem,
i have a scantronic control panel 9200,and just renewed my aging bell box with the odyssey,ok here goes
the bell box connections are:
A(12V)
B(BELL)
C(TAMP)
D(OV)
S(STRB)

Scantronic 9200 Panel connections are:
ZONE 1
CCT
A/T 1
ZONE 2
CCT
A/T 2
P.A.
CCT.
A/T
-VE
24HR
+VE
E/E
A/T
E/T

-------------------------

S.A. TRIG+
BELL TRIG-
OUTPUT OV
TR
-------------------------

L.S
L.S.
AUX
(12 VOLT D.C)
SET
P.A. OUTPUT

--------------------------

ALARM N.C.
RELAY C.
N.O.
--------------------------

again please please soneone help,tell me from the bell box back to the control panel how do i wire this? Many thanks in advance!!

Sponsored Links
the good old 9200! :D
A+ TO +VE
B TO BELL TRIG
C TO TR
D TO OUTPUT OV
AT THE SIREN LINK B TO S! AS IT LOOKS LIKE THERE IS NO STROBE OUTPUT AT THE 9200!
I USED TO INSTALL THESE 20 YEARS AGO! HAPPY DAYS :LOL:

do you really think the guy knows how to wire a relay? i try to keep it all simples
im not puting the guy down saying this! but most sparks/alarm installers have no idea about relays :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Hey thanks for the lightning reply alphaalarms
i will give this a go in the morning after a round of golf though ,and atilla yes there is something about alarm relay and strobe connection in the scantronic manual i think it is N.O. to strobe?this is all on the motherboard labeled alarm relay in manual.hey its all a different language to me,again thanks guys!!

do you really think the guy knows how to wire a relay? i try to keep it all simples
im not puting the guy down saying this! but most sparks/alarm installers have no idea about relays :LOL:

you certainly don`t - whats the max Ma at the bell trig terminal?

Atilla
,this is what the manual(scantronic9200) has for relay

REMOTE SIGNALLING AND STROBE CONNECTION
---------------------------------------------------------- View media item 17091
could you please advise as i am confused about the strobe now?

Atilla
,this is what the manual(scantronic9200) has for relay

REMOTE SIGNALLING AND STROBE CONNECTION
---------------------------------------------------------- View media item 17091
could you please advise as i am confused about the strobe now?
Forget the connection from N.C. to the Remote Signalling and wire the strobe exactly as the drawing

Hi guys i have wired the alarm panel (scantronic 9200) and bell box (odyssey 1/1E) as "alphaalarms" and "atilla" advise but unfortunatelly no cigar, when i test the alarm (Bell Test) the internal buzzer sounds then the house internal siren then no external siren :( ,although the strobe does flash :LOL:
i have uploaded the scantronic motherboard pic and odyssey 1/1E bell box instruction pic ,please advise me further cheers. View media item 17095 View media item 17096

Try removing the wire connected to TRIG - on the panel and temporarily connect it to the 0v terminal next to it. This should cause the bell to sound.

Ok guys thank you all for your efforts but had to call out an alarm guy (adt) he said it was going to have to have a new panel (oh theres a shocker)anyhow texecom panel texecom bell box should all be plain sailing now! again cheers to all. :D

Ok guys thank you all for your efforts but had to call out an alarm guy (adt) he said it was going to have to have a new panel (oh theres a shocker)anyhow texecom panel texecom bell box should all be plain sailing now! again cheers to all. :D

one assume he`s doing this on the fiddle?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back