Scary stuff..

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo b a s

so you recognise the fakes by

the soot marks on the face plate :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Italian, French, American, Canadian and Australian associations have expressed strong interest in joining the campaign

Perhaps these counterfeit products are to blame for the poor standards of electrical installation in the first two of these countries? ;)

It's a sad endorsement of British industry. Accountants now rule the roost rather than engineers.

It's crap, but what the hell, it's cheap :(

I was lucky to survive a 1000 Amp fuse failing, I've never seen the ceramic casing split on a fuse before. The accounts department of the company I worked for had found a cheaper supplier :cry:

The fuse is now in my little black museum :evil:

Sponsored Links
TonyS said:
I was lucky to survive a 1000 Amp fuse failing, I've never seen the ceramic casing split on a fuse before. The accounts department of the company I worked for had found a cheaper supplier :cry:

And they would have saved SO much money when the ceramic casing takes your eye out and you sue them for millions of pounds in injuries and the inability to work ever again. :mad:

i would think you should take action against the company anyway for health and safety

ie they used an infirior product in a safety criticial situation

salem2000 said:
Any chance of a pic of the offending item :?:

Just out of intrest.:cool:

Will see what I can do. It was a high speed HRC for protecting thyristors and diodes in a 1850KW drive.

There's 24 1000A fuses in the beast :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back