Schools not to hide transgender claims from parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I can’t imagine how we ever ended up where a child could accepted as trans by a school in secret from their parents. But finally some common sense prevails.

“misgendering” is not discriminatory.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hoping the whole thing is a fad and will disappear when either the people supporting it find something more useful to focus on, or when the next generations coming through find it all too complicated and return to established biology.

Having a child not far from school age has made me very aware of what he could be inducted into. I would want to know something like this...!

I've said previously in other related threads that I just can't get my head around some of this stuff. I firmly believe any adult who genuinely feels they are in the wrong body etc should be supported in whatever way is best for them, including transitioning. However when it comes to younger people who are still very impressionable, that's where I start to struggle. And also when you see politicians etc struggling to define what a man or woman is for fear of saying the wrong thing, jeez. And the way folk like JK Rowling are cancelled or whatever the word is for expressing their perfectly reasonable views.

It’s bad enough hearing teacher’s political or religious views let alone them getting bad advice from campaign groups like stonewall.

Sponsored Links
Hoping the whole thing is a fad and will disappear when either the people supporting it find something more useful to focus on, or when the next generations coming through find it all too complicated and return to established biology.

Having a child not far from school age has made me very aware of what he could be inducted into. I would want to know something like this...!
Completely OT but sort of related to the modern world we find ourselves in and the question of will these things fade away. I sometimes watch Homes Under the Hammer. Ever since its inception they referred to the main bedroom as the 'master' bedroom. Then a couple of years back or so I noticed they were using the word 'principal' instead. A quick Google informed me that estate agents were starting to use principal instead of master as the latter has connotations with slavery or something like that i.e. 'the master's bedroom.'

However I've noticed on more recent episodes they seem to have reverted to using the phrase master bedroom. So although that's just one relatively insignificant thing, maybe it does show common sense sometimes prevails?

I've said previously in other related threads that I just can't get my head around some of this stuff. I firmly believe any adult who genuinely feels they are in the wrong body etc should be supported in whatever way is best for them, including transitioning. However when it comes to younger people who are still very impressionable, that's where I start to struggle. And also when you see politicians etc struggling to define what a man or woman is for fear of saying the wrong thing, jeez. And the way folk like JK Rowling are cancelled or whatever the word is for expressing their perfectly reasonable views.

That is very well put and exactly how I feel. It's easy to be interpreted totally the wrong way if you are against the tirade of the LBGQBT+, when really I am just not supporting of the confusing and damaging impression the movements leaves in the minds of the young.

Completely OT but sort of related to the modern world we find ourselves in and the question of will these things fade away. I sometimes watch Homes Under the Hammer. Ever since its inception they referred to the main bedroom as the 'master' bedroom. Then a couple of years back or so I noticed they were using the word 'principal' instead. A quick Google informed me that estate agents were starting to use principal instead of master as the latter has connotations with slavery or something like that i.e. 'the master's bedroom.'

However I've noticed on more recent episodes they seem to have reverted to using the phrase master bedroom. So although that's just one relatively insignificant thing, maybe it does show common sense sometimes prevails?

It is interesting, I consciously note the changing use of words. I've noted:

- Homicide in place of murder (possibly because of the vast array of crime scene murder investigation shows from the US)
- Elevator instead of lift (again, more US influence)
- "Can I get a..." instead of "Please may I have a... " or even just "can I have a..." (this one really grates on me)

There are others!

Perhaps you can post the link to this article that you found?

You sure you weren't watching tha US version?
Or reading a US newspaper?

On the issue of the NHS guidance, it seems reasonable to me, and far better than the absent Education department's guidance.
Teachers do need guidance, not just because of their own lack of experience with such issues, but also to provide them with a degree of protection.

It's very much like the nonsense policy to ban mobile phones from schools, it's a pointless excercise because schools already have the authority to set their own policy. And the majority of schools either ban them outright, or only allow their use in breaktimes.

On the issue of the NHS guidance, it contains a section of advice (and it is all only advice, schools still have the authority to set their own policy)
if there is a risk of hostility from the parents. like prescribing contraceptives to under 16's, normally the parents would be involved, but there are times when the NHS, the doctor or the teacher/headteacher can seek other routes throught the issue, and ignore the guidance.

Last edited:

Dustin Broadberry is a typical conspiracy theorist:
By Dustin Broadbery

The shotgun wedding of the British people to a vaccine passport takes place today, Monday, meaning plans for a two-tier society are afoot.

I guess that's what attracted you to him. :rolleyes:

This...from the link:

I’m all in favour of freedom of expression, men being in touch with their feminine side, it’s when schoolchildren are mandated to provide what constitutes a free psychotherapy session that I have a problem; and It’s when the most immoral are given the halo effect by conventional wisdom that alarms bells start ringing.

Amongst a consortium of vested interests is big pharma The sex reassignment surgery market valued at $623 million in 2022 is projected to reach a jaw-dropping $1.9 billion by 2032, with the cost of each surgical transition ranging from $125,000-$140,000.

In the US, prescription of hormone therapies drugs has more than doubled amongst 6-17 year olds, while in the UK the effect of the pandemic saw the number of youngsters seeking help for mental health problems jump from 12% of children in 2017 to 17.8% in 2022.

But not if those pushing gender ideology have anything to do with it. In recent years marketing directly to children has skyrocketed as advertisers spend more than $12 billion each year targeting kids, and with a majority now having televisions in their bedrooms, it is estimated that children are viewing more than 40,000 commercials each year.

Man, he does go on....and on...and on. Verify that lot, if you like.

Although the comments go on even longer: Howard sums it up well enough - "This article is quite a mishmash of excellent observations and flights of fancy."

Your child cannot be 'talked into' a 'new' gender. Further, a strong positive relationship with the school(s) will obviate any of these 'Daily Mail' shocks...

My granddaughter of 4 having been subjected to lbgt or whatever it's called for a month needed a suitcase to go on holiday.
She was adamant it had to be a rainbow one.
Interesting, get em early eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back