Scottish Banks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Amazing isn't it... one minute you've got Alex Salmond boning on about Scottish Olympic medals, how great things are in Scottish public services, how amazing Scotland is and how they do everything so much better than the English.

And now the government in England offers £37Bn to bail out Scotland's wonderful banks...

Now, I appreciate the First Minister of Scotland has to be at least a bit of a Scottish nationalist, but this man is obnoxious! I get the distinct impression he pretends to be President of Scotland, instead of a minister who is accountable to Westminster.

Imagine if Brown had publicly announced "I'm awaiting Mr Salmond's plans on how he will deal with his country's failing banks" :LOL:

I don't support Labour, but it is a missed opportunity for Brown... played correctly, it would have been a major coup for Scottish Labour when Salmond responds with "Sorry, didn't you know we can't do anything without being subsidised by England?". THEN bail them out.

Sponsored Links
scotland has been living off england for decades, who do you think pays the benefits for all those Rab C Nesbitts?

You could do with being a bit more factual.

It was the british government that bailed out the banks, not english government.

Also, don't forget what these "scottish" banks (which is a doubtful term as the majority of their business is now worldwide) add to the British (which includes English) economy - perhaps the reason why Brown wishes to "save" them.

Dont disagree on your opinion of Salmond though, bit of a Knob, much the same as Brown though

Strange when there is huge problem we all turn British again and quietly stop waving those bl**dy flags whilst getting bailed out!
Maybe we can learn there is more to be gained by small nations working with each other rather than against. Stop the "belly of fire" attitude towards their neighbors!

......I feel like singing the national anthem now?? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
It will do as a down payment for the stolen oil. And only one of the banks is possibly regarded as wholly Scottish .Hbos was 67% halifax 33% bank of scotland and top 2 roles went to halifax managers

Good news is the top guys have been sacked with no termination bonuses

So does this mean when I get charges from RBoS, I can tell them "NO", as a "tax dodger", er cough, "tax payer" I,ve no need to pay for what I part own, Its all mine and yours, 60% anyway.

Going in tomorrow for a small business donation :LOL: :LOL:

What about these banks that have colapsed, if you owe them money could you turn round and say, "sorry, can only guarantee £1" :confused: , I dont know. we can lose our monies in savings, why not in debts :eek:

:LOL: ;)

Strange when there is huge problem we all turn British again and quietly stop waving those bl**dy flags whilst getting bailed out!
Maybe we can learn there is more to be gained by small nations working with each other rather than against. Stop the "belly of fire" attitude towards their neighbors!

......I feel like singing the national anthem now?? :LOL:

Agreed!

My point of the Bank of England being a bank in England is because... well... it is.

Now I'm proudly British. I was born in England but I'm a complete mongrel mix of British peoples. I've got no time for petty nationalists in places that couldn't and didn't survive as a sovereign nation. Scotland was bankrupt in the 1700s. At the time they decided it was in their interests to sign the act of union. Scotland became part of the United Kingdom through choice, by their own volition.

Stolen oil? Sure, if Britain can steal British oil... :LOL:

So does this mean when I get charges from RBoS, I can tell them "NO", as a "tax dodger", er cough, "tax payer" I,ve no need to pay for what I part own, Its all mine and yours, 60% anyway.

Give it a go... although when I said "no taxation without representation!" to Stevenage Borough Council some years ago, after they mislaid my electoral role form, they responded to my refusal to pay council tax with "Says you" and bailiffs! :LOL:

Bank of England yet another Scottish invention , William Patterson. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back