Screwfix Competitions.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if you are automatically entered into these things or do you have to do a review of a tool/piece of equipment?
I have never made a recommendation or posted a review on their site, but received an email in my junk folder saying, Re 2nd attempt for XXXXX ', then the one-line message says, "You have won a 170 piece Stanley tool set" Nothing else and no punctuation or anything, not even my name.
Somebody called 'ColXXXXXXXXXX,' has been CC'd into the email as well. No link to click, just a reply, reply to all, and Forward set of buttons at the bottom.
The original email address it was sent from is, dubious, to say the least.
It smacks of a scam to me but just wondered if anyone had ever had a similar email and responded to it.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
SPAM. Phishing. Do NOT click on links in any such mails.
I've had probably half a dozen of em from "Screwfix" with the same prize over the last few months. At least the sender e-mail is obviously not Screwfix...

The Faceache 'reset password' ones are really rather more difficult to tell they are Phishing mails.

@conny PLEASE edit the original post to remove the clickable links - just in case...

Just had an identical one from John Lewis but different email addresses.
This one now also blocked.

Sponsored Links
I have received several such emails from different sources. When selecting 'block sender', their email address pops up showing a weird set of characters confirming scam.

Conny, I have some magic beans for sale if you're interested?

Ignore what others on here might say about my magic beans, this is a GENUINE offer :)

Back