Screws for resilient bars

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would appreciate advice on which screws to use for fixing resilient bars to a ceiling please.

I started off using 3.5 x 38mm plasterboard screws, but they do not sit flush with the resilient bar (please see picture). Is this because the holes in the resilient bars are 3mm?

Should I use a 3mm diameter screw, or flat head screw? If so, any examples of something appropriate would be appreciated I believe the screw needs to be at least 36mm long.

Attachments

• 20230928_191137.jpg
    20230928_191137.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 41
Sponsored Links
The only way to get countersunk screws to sit flush, is to countersink the holes in the product to the same diameter as the screw head.
Can you use domed screws, so you don't need to countersink the product, as the holes have not been pre-countered but left flat.

Low profile 3.5mm x 38mm screws.
I'd drill 2mm pilot hole.

I've not done a ceiling but used on a wall

Low profile 3.5mm x 38mm screws.
I'd drill 2mm pilot hole.

I've not done a ceiling but used on a wall
Thank you, that is helpful to know. Can you remember where you purchased them from? Low profile at 3.5mm and over 30mm is a bit of a struggle to source. I've tried Screwfix, Toolstation and Wickes so far.

Sponsored Links
I know little about resilient bars but I get the impression that screw that goes in to the timber should be a CSK screw that sits slightly proud to help to absorb any sound vibration.

Google
Fixing company near me.

Tools , hardware and screws supply shop. I've got two near me with one on an industrial estate. I also have a local saw mill and hardware shop that has a massive screw and fixing section which is where I bought mine from.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back