Seal up old dishwasher pipe connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I moved into a new house in the summer and the previous owners had an old dishwasher hooked up under the sink. They left what I think is the outlet hose connected and I'm not sure of the best way to seal this up? It is the gray hose in the pics below...

There is a small bit of water coming out of it so every few weeks get a collection of stagnant water. We don't plan on replacing the dishwasher but not sure of the best way to remove the hose or seal up the opening?

Any advice or anyone come across anything similar before?

Thanks!

IMG-3295.JPG
IMG-3297.JPG
IMG-3298.JPG

Sponsored Links
Can you see the other end of that grey pipe ? It looks like it has been joined into the overflow inlet of the waste fitting .Does the sink have an overflow that is not connected up ?

Ya the other end of that grey pipe is just hanging loose - at the moment I have it in a bucket to collect water... That looks to be the only connection to the sink.

If the sink has an overflow ,it needs to be re instated ,and that grey pipe removed. That may need you to fit a new waste fitting ( thats the black bit that the grey pipe is jointed to)

Sponsored Links
Thanks terryplumb,

It sounds like I should probably get someone in to do it? Wasn't sure if there was just a quick way of sealing off the hose...

Thanks again.

If you just want a quick way to seal it ,just load it with silicone.

Thanks terryplumb,

I might try that in the short term until lockdown etc has being eased and get someone in. Thanks again - appreciate the advise/help!

Whilst waiting for a longer term solution I would raise the other end of the grey pipe at least as high as the sink but preferably above the worktop level if you can.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back