Correct way to plumb waste from dishwasher please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies if this is answered elsewhere. I searched but couln't find anything bang on point.

So my old dishwasher eventually gave up the ghost and has been removed. The waste hose simply exited through a hole in the external wall at ground level and then dropped down about a foot into the drain. (I couldn't actually pull the hose out and had to cut it to remove the old dishwasher).

My plumber has let me down and I'm faced with sorting out the waste myself. I can't follow the hieroglyphics that purport to be the installation instructions. I would therefore appreciate advice on the best way to deal with the waste hose.

Option 1: Another small hole in the wall and straight out to the drain.
Option 2: Connect to the dishwasher connector which is present on the kitchen sink trap. In this case do I have to lift the hose up to the underside of the worktop before looping it down to the connecter or can I simply let it snake across the floor and then up to screw the hose into the connector. Also, do I need a one way valve.
Option 3: drill a hole in the wall and install a drain standpipe for the waste hose. The least preferred option because I don't have the tools.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi

Sounds like option 2 is the least expensive and the least time consuming.
I like to see a hose clip fitted just to be sure it stays put.

I prefer option 2 i hate standpipes.

If you use option 2 yes it must go up to a height of about 600mm worktop height then to connection on sink waste.

You can't have it across floor then upwards to waste trap as it'll hold waste water.

Sponsored Links
2 is fine if you don't mind a guggle noise when it empties, yes it must go up at high level first before going down to the connector.

3 is best but as you say you don't have the tools

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back