sealed cemtral heating

today ive tryed , the heating on to see if the water would come out the open drain valve but nothing, i unscrew some rads , water comes out them but not draining.

im thinking of when i lift the floor to cut through a microbore pipe and catching it in a bucket till i fit a hose over it.

then repair the pipe after the works completed.

i had a bg guy out to se it i could get the boiler cover, he waited on the water ect heating up and found the water not hot,
said they couldnt cover me but offered me a service that from as little as £3 a month they ould get someone to fix it, but is £99 upfront.

and it could cost well more than that to fix, as the parts £90 he said.
told hin i had one there and he said they use there own parts.

so back to square one, and im missing a hot bath, and sick boiling kettles to do dishes and shave.

Sponsored Links
today ive tryed , the heating on to see if the water would come out the open drain valve but nothing, i unscrew some rads , water comes out them but not draining.

More than likely the washer is stuck. You need to unscrew it completely and try to peel the washer off. You'll know when you've disturbed it enough :)

If you manage to free the washer, or the washer comes out attached to the spindle, both without you getting wet then the valve is probably blocked.

im thinking of when i lift the floor to cut through a microbore pipe and catching it in a bucket till i fit a hose over it.

I wouldn't if I were you.

so back to square one, and im missing a hot bath, and sick boiling kettles to do dishes and shave.

Maybe about time you called a pro?

hi thanx for tip.

i would call a pro if i could afford it, after my bils ive only 150 to do me a month.

i will take the full thing off using a spanner, as the square bit i turn doesnt come right out.

hopefully this will do the trick :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back