Sealing crack in concrete floor with no time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to get some vinyl flooring down before christmas. It's going to be loose laid and may come up again in the new year to screed underneath.

Problem is, on pulling up the carpet the underside was damp above a fairly big crack in the slab. It's uneven where the crack is so needs to be chiselled out a bit and levelled.

I need to try and seal and level this on the cheap and in a day. I haven't time to put down liquid dpm. I was thinking of chiselling out a fair chunk of it, fill a little bit with a bit of screed and then put black jack or roof waterproofer on it then screed over.

Thoughts?

Sponsored Links
If the idea is to make the floor presentable for a few days then dont do anything else but clean the surface and flop down the vinyl sheet - come back in the new year with pics and more info.

If damp is penetrating the slab then it needs investigating.

If your local flooring wholesaler can supply you F-Ball Isolator, you may not need to fill the gap or screed in the new year.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back