Sealoflex or epdm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need to pick some brains

i was convinced the route i was going for my soon to be built single story flat roofed extension was EPDM. but then a different salesman has thrown Sealoflex into the works. The sealoflex looks pretty good, seamless and your able to pick a colour for it. Im a bit nervous by the whole paint it on system, and can find very little information about it on the net. anyone know how it stands up agianst EPDM, pros and cons etc

apreciate any and all help

Sponsored Links
Im a time served flat roofer(+30 yrs exp,i was trained by my father(+45 yrs exp who in turn was trained by his father 54 yrs exp,so its safe to say we know our stuff,where's my trumpet so i can blow it :evil: ).Ive used many sytems,epdm,polyroof,etc etc and tbh i would go for a felt roof.The best being(in my opinion) is the icopol high performance underlay,High performance mineral cap sheet(technotorch) both torch on and both (SBS).I have used whats regarded in the industry as the best 2 felting systems on the market ie durbigam and bouder but the fore mentioned system is what i use and it is the best out there,its not the cheapest but the best never is(Its twice the price of most felts).If you get this done by a time served felt roofer it will last many many years.There is no reason why this system could not last +25 years and then some.

Im a time served flat roofer(+30 yrs exp,i was trained by my father(+45 yrs exp who in turn was trained by his father 54 yrs exp,so its safe to say we know our stuff,where's my trumpet so i can blow it.Ive used many sytems,epdm,polyroof,etc etc and tbh i would go for a felt roof.The best being(in my opinion) is the icopol high performance underlay,High performance mineral cap sheet(technotorch) both torch on and both (SBS).I have used whats regarded in the industry as the best 2 felting systems on the market ie durbigam and bouder but the fore mentioned system is what i use and it is the best out there,its not the cheapest but the best never is(Its twice the price of most felts).If you get this done by a time served felt roofer it will last many many years.There is no reason why this system could last +25 years and then some.

Very good system above but if the roof isn't being walked on then EPDM all the way baby, 20 yr gtee lasts up to 50 years, always remains soft so wont crack like GRP

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back