Seat Leon 03 bonnet wont open

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, hoping someone could kindly advise. Im trying to open the bonnet of a Seat Leon which wont open. U pull the bonnet opening lever below the steering wheel to unlock and push forward another lever at front of car.The little pull lever that comes through the front grill wont open the bonnet when u pull it. I tried so hard i eventually snapped it off by accident :oops:

Is there any other way to get this open?

20181025_150711.jpg

Attachments

• 20181025_150722.jpg
    20181025_150722.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 460
Sponsored Links
I’d give the entire area around the bonnet lock a thorough drenching with WD40 or similar.....this is very common where plastic pivots around metal! Squirt up into the bonnet as well.
If you can grip the broken piece that pokes through the grille with pliers, gently press the bonnet down whilst pulling....dont force things, allow the WD to work.
John :)

Eh oh! Managed to spray loads of wd40 into the locking mechanism and loosen it slightly, but unfortunately the level snapprd right off even though i wasnt putting much force onto it. Whatever that lever is attached to seems jammed. I can raise the bonnet about an inch but whatever is locking it down seems stuck. I can reach the springs of the lever i snapped off, tried pulling that but again theres very little movement. Anything else i could try?

I'd try getting some stiff wire (welding rod, maybe) and get behind the snapped off lever. The lever pulls a quadrant which releases the bonnet stop.
I have succumbed to smashing the grill before though :(

Sponsored Links
I'd try getting some stiff wire (welding rod, maybe) and get behind the snapped off lever. The lever pulls a quadrant which releases the bonnet stop.

will give this a go in the morning, its freezing at the moment, no idea where this cold weathers suddenly come from!

I'll bear that in mind for my Combo Van. - (It now has a household size switch fixed into the redundant air vent for the glow plugs. And I'm going to glue a cheap watch in front of the date etc. display, as that's packed up ):mrgreen:

Back