SECURIT 700L Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wocha,

Anybody have any idea why our Securit 700L system would be so unresponsive ?

The panels light up when the keys are pressed, the Infra red sensors work...but entering our code, does nothing !..even the engineering code has no effect !....well, each key does make the usual ' beep ' !!

Any tips would be most welcome

cheers

Neil

Sponsored Links
how do you know its not the wrong code, as you have given little histroy / back ground the only conclusion is wrong code.

Sponsored Links
how do you know its not the wrong code, as you have given little histroy / back ground the only conclusion is wrong code.

HI Breezer,

You are very right...and it's my fault for not giving more history.

I know the code, I use it every day......it worked yesterday and has done for many a time.

My apologies for not making it clearer and thanks

Neil

Has it reset back to the factory default? 1234 (I think?)

Hi Joe90...and thanks.

You're right...the factory default is 1234 but alas, nope !!

It's weird !!...it's like all the lights are on but no ones at home !!...if you know what I mean !!

I did actually ring the manufacturer today !!....they were busy.....the girl on the switchboard told me that her supervisor said that I was lucky to have had it last this long. I've had it 11 years !!....

Their solution ?.........buy a new system !!......

I didn't mention this before because I felt their advice not relevent to my post !

I'm just a tad cynical !! :rolleyes:

Hi Joe90...and thanks.

It's weird !!...it's like all the lights are on but no ones at home !!...if you know what I mean !!

I did actually ring the manufacturer today !!....they were busy.....the girl on the switchboard told me that her supervisor said that I was lucky to have had it last this long. I've had it 11 years !!....

I didn't mention this before because I felt their advice not relevent to my post !

its simply locked out due to a mains surge or power cut and your backup battery been dead

Hi Joe90...and thanks.

its simply locked out due to a mains surge or power cut and your backup battery been dead

DOH !!!...that could be it !!!

We did have a couple of power cuts a short while ago !...and it is the original battery !!

I'll check it.........

If it is the battery......do you think a simple replacement will fix it ?

Would I need to take it off the mains to replace the battery !!

Thank you...I hope you're right !!

Cheers

Hi Joe90...and thanks.

DOH !!!...that could be it !!!

We did have a couple of power cuts a short while ago !...and it is the original battery !!

I'll check it.........

If it is the battery......do you think a simple replacement will fix it ?

Would I need to take it off the mains to replace the battery !!

Thank you...I hope you're right !!

Cheers

power it all down, replace battery (like for like) power it back up and test it - it might need some proggraming 9 times out of 10 its fine

power it all down, replace battery (like for like) power it back up and test it - it might need some proggraming 9 times out of 10 its fine

Hi Atilla,

Thank you....I will do just that and let you all know.

many thanks

Have a great weekend everybody

Neil

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back