Seeking Advice on Adding Safety Sensors to TD55/RD55 Garage Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

I hope you're doing well. I have a TD55/RD55 Garage door installed in my home, but I've noticed that it lacks a safety mechanism. The motor continues to operate even if the door encounters an obstruction, which concerns me from a safety standpoint.

I'm seeking advice from the community on whether it's possible to add sensors to this garage door model. These sensors would detect any obstruction and trigger a stop or rollback function to prevent accidents or damage.

If anyone has experience with retrofitting safety sensors to similar garage door models or has any recommendations on how I can enhance the safety of my TD55/RD55 Garage door, I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Can't you retrofit a safety edge & controller from the manufaturer

If there is no specific retrofit package available, one option is infrared or similar optical barrier across the opening, wired in series with the CLOSE control/drive wire.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back