Roller motor garage Door wont fully open /closes too much

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi lads /lasses,

Hope this is in the correct forum?

I've a motorised single roller garage door that won't open fully or closes too much (motor keeps running even after it's physically closed)

To cut a long story short, I closed the door today with remote (with my back turned) then only to hear a massive clattering sound..... as I turned round I a saw a broom I had forgot was propped against the wall had fell and jammed the door about halfway through its travel, preventing it from closing fully but the motor was still running. Not good.
Looks like it's been knocked out of sync

There is a control box on the wall in the garage and I've took off the cover - it has 2 little white dials and a little button. I'm surprising these are limit stops of some sort - which determine the amount of travel etc?

Anyone provide any advice before I start twiddling?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
You really need to at least get installation instructions & consider calling in a professional before you start doing anything as your door has obviously not been installed properly.
Imagine if that broom had been a childs neck, the motor should stopped long before any damage was done.

I have occasional problems with a sectional door not closing properly. Its manual has a reset procedure, thater than physical stops. In essence, I have to get it to recognise and remember the stop position. Worth checking if your manual has the same?

Sponsored Links
I think the limit stops are on the shaft of the motor

Nozzle
Found them fella. Sorted and cheers. Easy fix in the end :)

You really need to at least get installation instructions & consider calling in a professional before you start doing anything as your door has obviously not been installed properly.
Imagine if that broom had been a childs neck, the motor should stopped long before any damage was done.

The broom was stuck in a corrugated ridge so the door was bunching up at the top when it travelled down. The safety beam functions fine and no children were or could have been harmed. Thanks for your concern though. :love:

And as for calling a professional.. no thanks. I can feck it up all on my own for nothing tyvm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back