Cabling getting 'kinked' by closing door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I'd like to remove about 3cm x 1cm of the corner of this wooden door, it's where the door hinges (not where it opens).

Currently I cannot close the door fully, and it kinks the cables when I do.

If I manage to somehow create a "rectangular hole" at the corner, the cables will run unobstructed through the space and I'll be able to close the door fully without damaging the cables.

The door is solid wood, 3.5cm thick.

Suggestions for how I could do this?

Attachments

• cables at corner.jpg
    cables at corner.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 823
Sponsored Links
Remove that corner piece of skirting board and drill through the wall, it'll be easier to make good when you get round to doing all the jobs properly.

Or cut through the jamb on the other side as that will be where the cables are kinking.

If you want to cut the door take it off its hinges and cut the corner.

Agree with the above
It does look as if careful laying and taping of the cable flat, side by side, would allow the door to close over the cable
Either way, going through the door looks crap.

My job involves running cables on a temporary basis and I would be ashamed of that mess even for 24 hours

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back