Seeking help with career change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I grew up renovating houses and throughout my adult life I have made tables, wardrobes, shelves and cupboards; I am currently in the middle of renovating a barn. I will shortly be coming to the end of my contract with the Air Force and I want to become qualified as a carpenter/joiner with a view to making furniture in the future.

I am hoping to find a skilled carpenter in the East Midlands (within 50 miles of Grantham) who would be prepared to teach me the trade. I am fit, intelligent, practical and reliable. Money is not an issue as I have my pension, I am not afraid of hard work and I know how to make tea and sweep up.

Bottomline, I want to pursue a second career doing something practical that I enjoy – and that’s working with wood.

If you are interested, or know someone who might be, please get in touch.

Jack

Sponsored Links
good luck with your hunt,personally i dont think you will find it too hard for someone to exploit you especially if there not paying you,
perhaps google search a few hi brow type of firms in your area i:e firms who have done a few barn conversions/statley homes that sort of thing and approach them.
then again you might be able to find a 1 man band type carp/joiner who would jump at the chance of having someone with a bit on nouse but genuinly cannot afford to pay.bear in mind insurances etc.
again good luck.

Sponsored Links
Back