New Forum Help Selecting/Deselecting signature?

AFAIK, it is generally accepted that the septics [and canucks] remain as one of the few nations who still use the 12-hour clock as a default. The rest of the world (well - almost all of the rest) can cope with the 24-hour clock.

However, I do take your point on this. For some strange reason, I thought the old forum was in 24-hour format. Just goes to show that the dementia is really taking hold............

:confused:

Sponsored Links
I don't recall when am/pm became 'un-British' and American?!
The total lack of support for a 24-hour time format is very much a US attitude.

The forums default time display has been am/pm since its inception.
That is at best inadvertently misleading, at worst deliberately disingenuous.

The default may well have always been a 12-hour format, but the old forum software allowed users to choose to display times in a 24-hour format if they preferred.

Sponsored Links
That is at best inadvertently misleading, at worst deliberately disingenuous.
It wasn't intended to mislead, it is fact, it was the default. Almost nobody changed the default, out of 210K registered users only 151 changed their time setting to display in 24 hour clock, only 73 of those accounts were both enabled and listed as based in the UK. It is unfortunate if you prefer the times presented in 24 hour format, but at this point I am sorry that's not possible.

Almost nobody changed the default, out of 210K registered users only 151 changed their time setting to display in 24 hour clock, only 73 of those accounts were both enabled and listed as based in the UK.
I don't for one second doubt that that's the truth.

But I will never in any length of time find it anything but incredible.

Back