Self Build Garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a note with regard to a self build garage I am doing at the moment. It has taken me ages to price it up and look around for the various bits so i thought i woudl pop the info here!!

All prices + vat and from Travis Perkins:

1.5 ton Excavator Hire - week £166
Marley Modern Roof tiles Grey - £0.76 each
Ridge tiles as above - £2.53 each
Dry Graded C16 treated timber for rafters and wall plate - £1.35 per m
Solid Medium Density concrete block - £0.62 each
Blue Circle Cement 25kg - £3.59
Bulk Bag of builders sand - £39.06
Rubbershield Breathable Membrane - 50m x 1.5 £90
Aqua Cell Lite for Soak Away - 100x50x40 cm £26 each (4 needed for house and gargage)

Hope this helps. Will post costs for Concrete and fascia \ guttering later i the job doesn't kill me!!

:D

Sponsored Links
TP are always the most expensive when i price up.Buildbase cement £3.20 not used the other materials ina while so dont know off the top of my head,except most places for ton bags are around the £40.00 mark.the breathable felt sounds expensive.i think my last roll was about £75.00 and may have been a 75m roll but dont quote me on that one.

ring around and tell them the prices youve been quoted and lie a little.jewson are struggling cos i keep getting phone calls and texts wanting my money

Sponsored Links
The idea is to give people an idea of prices. Having never bought a roof tile before I did not know if they were 50p or £3.50 each.

From these prices it will give an idea of cost of others are trying to do a similar project.

As I said these are prices I have colleted, I have not shopped around, I am awaiting another price from the BuildCentre as a friend works for their parent company.

But I am not going to go to order from half a dozen companies to save a few quid, I don't have the time and just want to get the job done. I see too many people doing DIY and taking forever, get the materials, get the job done and move on!

me neither so at the moment i get everything from buildbase.

Useful to know. I've no idea where I'm going to buy my materials from - and I always feel like a fool walking into these places and just buying the stuff, knowing that no one really pays retail price...

Gary

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back