Self Destructing/Exploding Gas Hob!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not really a DIY disaster, but a disaster due to my own stupidity none the less. Found photo below when I was archiving a old backup from a CD to my Hard drive.

Simply put the photo is from my old house when I was 17 back in 2010, and back then I was very irresponsible and stupid. :notworthy: One day I decided to experiment and play around with the Gas hob in the kitchen and tried to make a improvised jerry-rigged space heater by placing a colander upside down on the lit gas hob. :?:(y)

Needless to say the high temperature not only caused the colander to glow red hot, but also caused the heat to be reflected back down onto the tempered glass causing it to spontaneously shatter!

Needless to say, I was a very different person back then and was rather reckless and idiotic with things I did! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
17?
You mean you have just done it, don't you? :LOL:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back