Self leveling compond for wooden floor, suggestions?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All, ive got a wooden floor in a coridoor (1.3m wide, 6 meters long)that leads to a small laundry room. Top floor of a 3 story block of flats, 1880 built stone teniment.

Theres 12mm (or there abouts) ply in place to level of the floor but there is still a noticable slope to one side (the outer wall), the drop is maybe 15-20mm.

I want to level this off so i can tile (or some other finishing) it and i'm looking for suggestions about the right approach etc. So far i'm thinking that a self leveling compund is the way to go, i've looked at Mira-Xplan

http://www.pureadhesion.co.uk/category/38/self leveling compound

Does this sound like the right way to go? are there any better/more suitable products out there? is this appraoch ok for wooden floors with a plyboard cover?

thanks
e

Sponsored Links
what sort of wood floor is it? if just standard floorboards on joists and not solid floor layed into adhesive i would go with plywood and seal all gaps with caulk to protect from moisture and then leveling compound. MUST BE FIBRE BONDED! try uzin or f-ball for product as about best on market. make sure you use flooring grade plywood and prime with correct primer.

the floor is standard floorboards (the origional ones far as i can tell) on joists. There is a layer of 12mm ply ontop at the moment.

mattysupra, some questions.

1. what is flooring grade plywood and where can i get it
2. which uzin / f-ball products should i be looking at and more importantly where can i get them for retail, i'm a diy bloke with no trade account

thanks in adance
e

Sponsored Links
just wrote a paragraph on how to do it but lost it on this new crap internet explorer i have downloaded. do you know how to send personal message so i can give you phone number to tell you how to do over phone and if anyone else reading this wants instruction on how to do it i will post new subject on it.

mattysupra, you rule!

better to post a new subject on it i think, i cant be the only person in the Uk with an old flat and wonky/sloping wodden floors othere will no doubt find the info useful.

thanks again for all your help, very much apprechiated.

i followed mattysupra's instructions in this and his other post, worked a treat :)

simple really isnt it. Can you do me a favour and post that reply in ' how to level a very uneven wooden subfloor' for me so other people can see and maybe who supplyed you products for other people to benefit! thanks mate. any more info you need , you know where to find me.

simple really isnt it. Can you do me a favour and post that reply in ' how to level a very uneven wooden subfloor' for me so other people can see and maybe who supplyed you products for other people to benefit! thanks mate. any more info you need , you know where to find me.

Matty, hope your still about. I'm just about to do the same thing. I have a living area thats a 1st floor. It has Ply and has been joint so there are no seames. I want to put polished concrete on it. I have a product but need a compound first that allows for abit of movement (I hope theres none!). What would you recommend?

Cheers
Roy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back