Self Leveling Compund problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All.

I have a brick built shed I use for an office. Well, 2 walls are brick, the l
other 2 are breeze block. When it rains, we get a lot of water coming in through where the breezeblocks meet the concrete floor. A tradesman said the best and most cost-effective solution would be to lay a cpl of layers of black jack bitumen, then apply a self levelling compound.

It's now been done but the self levelling compound has all cracked. He's at a loss as to why, but he's offered to come back and use what's left of it to paint it on to fill the cracks.

Seeing as how i'm hopeless at DIY, can I ask if what he's proposing is a solution??

thanks

Sponsored Links
No insulation in the floor? A few sheets of insulation, polystyrene, or better still Kingspan/Celotex with a floating chipboard floor on top will mask the problem and make the space a lot warmer. Put a damp proof membrane under the whole lot and bring it up the sides above the top of the flooring. Bit of skirting to hide the plastic and it's problem solved.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back