Selling watches on Facebook

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday I put three of my old watches on facebook, a ss Omega, a solid gold Accurist and a fancy early Casio digital. Within seconds the questions began pouring in and the offers to buy the 1950's Omega, some enquiries for the Accurist and almost none for the one time very expensive Casio. There must be an awful lot of collector about, desperate to get their hands on old watches. I wasn't really expecting that massive level of interest.

Offer something useful like a car lift and there is almost no interest at all.

Sponsored Links
It's a portable as in push about, 240v powered, hydraulic lift, on wheels. Imagine a fork lift truck. The forks can go under a single wheel to lift from that, or it has a platform which fits on the forks, to lift from front rear, or via a sill. Lifts up to one metre and rated for a conservative one ton lift. One button to go up, one to go down and stop. It has the car up in the air in 10 seconds. I paid £1300 for it, in anticipation of being able to continue to do all my own car work, when I retired, but now I have too many health issues, so it has to go. It unbolts into two sections for transport - mast + motor + hydraulics + controls, then the base part on wheels. Looking for offers around £700, it is as new.

Machinemart sell an air powered version for 1200, but that needs a separate compressor.

Yesterday I put three of my old watches on facebook, a ss Omega, a solid gold Accurist and a fancy early Casio digital. Within seconds the questions began pouring in and the offers to buy the 1950's Omega, some enquiries for the Accurist and almost none for the one time very expensive Casio. There must be an awful lot of collector about, desperate to get their hands on old watches. I wasn't really expecting that massive level of interest.

Post on the omegaforums or watchuseek.

FB? Lol I dont have an account and never will.

Sponsored Links
Facebook marketplace can be great, plenty of complete idiots or crap for sale but also plenty of good deals to be had too. Like gumtree, eBay etc.

Facebook marketplace can be great, plenty of complete idiots or crap for sale but also plenty of good deals to be had too. Like gumtree, eBay etc.

Dunno, I have only ever sold a couple of items so far on FB, a caravan awning and a drum of FP cable. What I do notice is lots of silly 'is it still for sale' messages, where the one asking isn't really interested in buying. Otherwise why ask and when you reply yes, do not follow up.

Can you post a picture of the Casio

Can you post a picture of the Casio

It needs a battery, hence blank display.

upload_2021-7-29_18-29-27.jpeg

Dunno, I have only ever sold a couple of items so far on FB, a caravan awning and a drum of FP cable. What I do notice is lots of silly 'is it still for sale' messages, where the one asking isn't really interested in buying. Otherwise why ask and when you reply yes, do not follow up.
Like I said, plenty of idiots, but also, with marketplace it's very easy to inadvertently click the 'is this still available' instant message.

How much Harry..... Will it work once it has a battery?

It cost me around £140 when I was working in Italy for a year in 1979 it's an AX210. Ebay prices for it range from £45 to an incredible £1000. It worked fine when I pit a new battery in it last time, about 2 years ago.

It cost me around £140 when I was working in Italy for a year in 1979 it's an AX210. Ebay prices for it range from £45 to an incredible £1000. It worked fine when I pit a new battery in it last time, about 2 years ago.

Thats a big gap. I'll look it up.. I want an old Casio

Sponsored Links
Back