Sentinel Leak Sealer - Viessman Vitodens

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
help ! Advice please - had a leak in our open vented ch system ( couple of pin head leaks on a rad feed ) and as part of my initial remedial action to stop the flow until a plumber can attend I put in some sentinel leak sealer into the f & e tank ( draining some water off to get it into the system ) to see if that helped - I've subsequently discovered that it's not recommended for my boiler, and invadiates the warranty ( out of warranty anyway ) but am now worried incase it causes any damage to the boiler, a viessman vitodens 100 -

The leak we have managed to stop for now via a jubilee clip and some rubber - so that's good until the plumber arrives but I am worried about the boiler now

Sponsored Links
Thanks for replying Dan - the OCD part of me is considering not running the ch until the plumber attends ( I dare say some of it is still in the f and e tank ) am I just overthinking things ? I'll obviously not drain any more in the meantime

Sponsored Links
wish u were in my area I think part of the issue might be because we are rural - tried a few different companies over the years, with varying degrees of success when we have had issues - even when we were on a service plan with a local independent response time seemed slow for issues.

we do have an issue with our motorised valve and its boiler service time, so mentioned it when contacting the plumber - but a quick trip to address the leak then a longer visit to do the non urgent stuff would of been preferable lol

In the meantime though As I'm one of life's overthinkers and fretting about the sentinel leak sealer should we just use the heating as normal or leave the system off pending the drain

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back