SEP396 Optima compact G3 intruder alarm system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the system was in the house when we moved in 8 years ago, have had no problems with it - just a new battery 6 months ago,- but yesterday I must have pressed some wrong numbers by mistake (& panic)- I eventually pressed the right code and the alarm stopped and the board has returned to normal with just power and day lights on - but the outside strobe blue light has carried on flashing and I have tried several types of resetting and clearing - but the light continues to flash -
can anyone suggest how I might reset the system?

Sponsored Links
Just the day led I think - but the tamper one looks very faint as if it's part of the day led below it

Sponsored Links
Have you any panic buttons?
Could be pressed in ?
Is the keypad responding correctly?
Can you set and unset alarm ?

If you still have a problem last resort you could try ?
Open panel lid disconnect battery and power mains electric down
Re apply power to re boot panel !
Caution on main electric(remove fuse from spur )
Please press thanks if my advise is helping

there aren't any panic buttons I can see - keypad seems to be responding OK and I can set & reset OK

Sorry - but where is the thanks button? - I'm very grateful for your help anyway
I shall have a go at power disconnect as you advise - but it's getting late & I don't want to upset neighbours if the alarm goes off now - I could leave it til tomorrow morning perhaps ?

Seen this on optimas and logic 4 panels before ....the strobe output latches on ...powering down the panel normally works

Total power down of alarm control panel
Caution 240 volt mains inside panel
Remove mains electricity via fuse spur or turning electric off
Open panel lid
Disconnect battery
Alarm should sound outside if bell box battery ok
Reconnect battery and put lid back on panel
Turn mains electricity back on
Reset alarm system with user code
Now see if strobe stopped flashing

Thanks very much for your help
I did all that - and it's just the same
anyway my local electrician is coming up later to have a go

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back