Serious Virus Issues!!!! Luder Virus. Need some help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, hope anyone can help!!!

I picked up the Nasty Luder.A virus, this infects all .exe files on a system. It completely messed up my Windows XP and applications.

I have 2 partitions on my Hard drive c: + d: for storage.

So I copied my important files onto the d:\, made sure there were no .exe files and then formatted and installed xp on c: and insatlled my applications - Zone alarm firewall, AVG, Adaware 2007 and Spybot and ms updates.

My PC still seems to be infected, IE7 crashes all the time and the pc is slow and hangs... I have a feeling that the virus was still situated on d: and after formatting and installing windows on c: it has manifested itself on c: again!

Anyone have any ideas as to what to do, all virus scans come up clean and I really dont want to remove all my important docs!!!

Any help would be great!!!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
trazor he did mention AVG in his OP which is why i suggested grisofts site as the first choice.

Whooops............. :oops:................ Missed that...

AVG in my opinion is not the best virus checker around, used it for about 6 months, but uninstalled it after a couple of problems.
Since then I have used Kaspersky for the last 2 years, not a single problem, and it updates daily.

trazor said:
AVG in my opinion is not the best virus checker around, used it for about 6 months, but uninstalled it after a couple of problems.
Since then I have used Kaspersky for the last 2 years, not a single problem, and it updates daily.
Might be a better choice then for the OP?

i have avg, it updates daily (selectable option) then 30 mins later avg scans the pc (selectable option)

no problems for me with it

Some here condemn Norton but I have been using it for years now without issue and it has kept me virus free so far touch wood.

aparently (so i read) there are numerous problems with norton.

1) you have to pay for it

2) its hard to remove (you can get a non norton download that will remove it, but whay should you have to)

vitkop1 said:
Any help would be great!!!
I suspect any help would be too late, because you seem to have taken a unique method of 'cleaning' your software, and ended up with a horrendous mess as a result.

Frankly I'd just start with a fresh drive, install everything into that, and use the 'bad' disk as a data drive. You can then scan it from a squeaky clean C: drive.

breezer said:
aparently (so i read) there are numerous problems with norton.

1) you have to pay for it

2) its hard to remove (you can get a non norton download that will remove it, but whay should you have to)

There is an official Symantec / Norton tool available...
...The Norton Removal Tool uninstalls all Norton 2007/2006/2005/2004/2003 products from your computer...

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

It almost removes all traces, but not quite.
:cool:

Hi Vitkop1

Luder.A is a worm which is a nasty little one to have as well. But fear not.

Goto this link for instructions and a removal tool.

http://virusinfo.prevx.com/pxparall.asp?PXC=953619310660

And to the rest of you. Nortons and AVG are probably 2 of the worst Anti Viruses on the market.

I use NOD which along with Kaspersky is right up there for nailing viruses which are new in the wild.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Neil

Sponsored Links
Back