Servis Caress 1600 A - noisy and not draining water!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a 2 yr old Servis Caress 1600 A, it works fine but intermittantly (more often now than before) it makes a noise during operation like its being choked :)
In addition to this after the cycle finishes, we sometimes find that the water has not drained and a puddle sits at the bottom of the drum. I checked the filter but there was nothing there.

Could this be a pump problem? if so is it likely to be knackered or do you think it is something stuck in there?

Finally if you think it is the pump how difficult is it to remove and fix?

Servis quoted £88 plus parts for an engineer to visit!

The other day i opened the door to the washer and a load of dirty water spilled out, i have a 3 month old daughter and this does not seem very hygenic!

Thanks, hope someone can suggest something

Glenn.

Sponsored Links
bra wire or cotton bud in the pump ,pump is behind filter :)

Thanks for your reply, so can i get to it from the front by pulling out the filer first or is it a back of job and get to it from the rear?

Sorry for my lack of washing machine technical savvy!!

Sponsored Links
pump is behind filter tip mc back and you should find 2 screws holding pump to cabinet

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back