servis m3510 only 1 yr old and stopped spinning!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive read all of this forum abut w machines not spinning because mine has stopped spinning at the end of any cycle
with the warranty just expired i couldnt believe it
i have tried everything i can think of and checked

the belt- tightened
the brushes - 3.5 cm and fine
pump - clear and works fine
pipes -all fine
pressure switch- working ok
pressure capsule- clear

the only thing that i can see is that when i took the cover off there was water on the top of the machine and had run down the back of the drum onto the motor armature, which was slightly rusty and would explain the sound of a squeeky bearing ( when it did spin ). i checked the motor, and cleaned the bearings with a little grease and everything is running freely, but it still wont kick into fast spin.
can someone please help
as i dont want to pay a big bill when its only a year old
cheers
stevie

Sponsored Links
I've said it before and I will say it again - Servis appliances are C**P!!! My Servis fridge failed after 13 months and my Servis w/m failed after about 2 years. It cost me £300 for a new fridge but I managed to get the w/m repaired for about £90 :(

Is it possible that there is an electrical/electronic fault with the machine - you seem to have covered everything else! If the machine is out of warrenty then there is no reason why you should not get someone else to look at it. I got an w/m repair engineer out of YP who diagnosed my problem as a failed tacho - apparently it controls the speed of the motor.

He sounded knowledgable on the phone and came the next day and fixed it. He charged £40 labour which I would imagine is much less than a Servis engineer would charge.

Thats the problem with these cheap machines - when things start going wrong it very soon becomes uneconomical to repair them.

Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back