Setting up a cistern???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently installed a Tyford Galerie Corner toilet and turned the water on for the first time yesterday. The internals of the cistern were installed before delivery and there are no instuctions other than the numeric settings for the short and full flush.
The problems I have are:
1. When I open the float valve up to fill the cistern it doesnt shut off unless I turn it off manually
2. Once i've filled the cistern with water and then operate the flush the cistern does not fill with water

Any ideas folks as I'm lost at mo
Cheers
AC :cry:

Sponsored Links
You shouldnt need to open the valve yourself it should automatically fill.

1. Is the washer in the tap on the float valve?
Unscrew the cap remembering what order it comes apart and have a look.

2. Did you remember to turn the iso back on when you automatically filled it?

I have one of these and can't say I've had a problem with that bit of it (the flush button sticks down on mine meaning that it flushes continually if you don't spot it and release it, reminds me must get that sorted...). Have just looked inside at the float valve and can't quite see what you're moving in the cistern, unless it's the float valve itself.

Is the float rubbing against the side of the cistern? If so then this is your problem, it needs rotating a bit.

You shouldnt need to open the valve yourself it should automatically fill.

1. Is the washer in the tap on the float valve?
Unscrew the cap remembering what order it comes apart and have a look.

2. Did you remember to turn the iso back on when you automatically filled it?

Checked all that matey but no joy
AC :cry:

Sponsored Links
I have one of these and can't say I've had a problem with that bit of it (the flush button sticks down on mine meaning that it flushes continually if you don't spot it and release it, reminds me must get that sorted...). Have just looked inside at the float valve and can't quite see what you're moving in the cistern, unless it's the float valve itself.

Is the float rubbing against the side of the cistern? If so then this is your problem, it needs rotating a bit.

I was using the float mechanism and the grey screw thread to open/close the water valve.
You were bang on with the float catching the side of the cistern matey, now it doesnt and all is well.
Many thanks
AC :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back