Sharp edges and EPDM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks
Does anyone know the recommended radius to have on the edge of a roof deck in order to prevent an EPDM covering getting punctured, or damaged? There are no projections/slivers of wood sticking up, just quite sharp, square corners and edges.
PatsPatter ;)

Sponsored Links
On an untouched, un walked on roof the EPDM will be fine on a sharp edge as long as you remember to glue the edge and both the EPDM. Usually on, say the edge of an osb sheet, you switch to the bonding glue which is very think and gooey. It almost puts a rubber seal on the wood if you know what I mean.

Many thanks for that.
I've sanded all the sharp edges just in case and got both the water-based and contact glues available. The EPDM is up there held down with battens pinned through the spare material on the facias and bargeboard. It's too cold for the stuff to go flat. It's still showing the ridges from where it was folded for transport.
Pray for a warm day - which I fear won't be until the spring. Still, the roof is watertight and the covering safe from the wind.......
Thanks again
Pat'sPatter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back