shed electris

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, just had shed erected in my garden and want to run some power to it,
going to have an electrician to do it and was wondering how much would i expect to pay. the shed is approx ten metres from house, thanks

Sponsored Links
hi, just had shed erected in my garden and want to run some power to it,
going to have an electrician to do it and was wondering how much would i expect to pay. the shed is approx ten metres from house, thanks
Get a min of 3 quotes from differing sparks. There are too many variables to give a ball park figure on here.

Ask them to quote on the basis of supplying the shed via a switchfuse in the house, not from your existing CU.

If you want, you'll almost certainly be able to save money by digging the trench yourself.

Be aware that the marginal cost of a larger cable will be small in proportion to the overall cost, so you might like to have a larger one put in for future-proofing. Unless you like digging trenches. Even if it's a small shed now and all you want is a light and a socket for a lawnmower, you might put something bigger on the site in the future.

Ditto reasoning says consider having a duct put in in case you ever want to have phone or network cables out there.

Sponsored Links
Switched fuse is nice, as is a service duct, although my parents garage has managed fine without either, just a single lenght of 6mm SWA.

Ive yet to get permanant power to my garage.

But said, unless you know of someone you can trust to do the job well and for a fair price, get more than one to give a spec and price.

Daniel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back