shed insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am lining the interior of a shed and wish to apply insulation between the outer boards and the lining./ Two questions:
1. What insulation would anyone recommend that would fit within the 44mm depth of timber?
2. Should I apply vapour moisture paper between the outer boards and the insulation?
Thks

Sponsored Links
Use polyethylene sheets which is normally use for cold stoarge tank insulation and available from Wickes,then vapour moisture paper.

masona said:
Use polyethylene sheets which is normally use for cold stoarge tank insulation and available from Wickes,then vapour moisture paper.

Many thks. Forgive my ignorance but are you saying the VPM goes between the insulation and the lining?

Shed panel > polyethylene sheets > vapour moisture paper

Polyethylene sheets in the middle.

Sponsored Links
I have a similar project. Situation is a timber shed with insulation similar to Celotex with an integral moisture vapour. The depth of the recess between timbers is approx 44mm the insulation is 25mm. Should the insulation be against the outer planks or brought forward to the front edge of the timbers, that is against the wall covering.

"forward to the front edge of the timbers" away from the outer panel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back