Shed Preservative

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive got a 10' x 8' Shiplap shed, with which I coated it with a few coats of Wickes Timbercare a few years ago and have found that there was traces of water on the inside walls over the winter. I think I need to use something better than Wickes own brand timber care. Cuprinol Ducksback is meant to be quite good but i know that its designed for rough sawn timber. Any ideas on what i could use please as my shed is planed softwood??

Sponsored Links
depending what colour you want . but i used wickes masonary textured paint (brown colour )on my sheds in garden 2 years ago still looks great . paint filled all the small gaps and sealed great

Great info, thanks. Is masonry paint ok on wood then? I'm after a brown colour too. Does the textured paint appear gritty on the shed or smooth? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The textured paint does have a gritty finish , but would suggest smooth . covers over wood without any problems with just one coat .
If wood is ok and any flaking material removed will last much longer than most shed / fence treatments.
I did mind magnolia colour to give beach hut type look . really pleased with them .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back